Cheer for the Cure
December 2-3, 2023
Tribute Communities Centre, Oshawa, ON
Cheer for the Cure:
Performance Order & General Schedule:
*The performance order and general schedule posted below is tentative.* As changes are made, the schedule will be updated and all coaches will receive an email notifying them that the schedule has been updated.
*The Final Schedule will be available 1-2 days before the event and can be viewed by clicking the button below.*
Although all Canadian Cheer events are known for being run precisely on time, unforeseen circumstances sometimes cause times to shift slightly. We will always attempt to ensure that this does not affect any teams negatively.
Score Check Schedule:
Where to Watch:
Find and download amazing professional photos from the event for FREE on SmugMug.
Hotels & Area
Area Tourism Site:
2023-24 Spectator Admission:
Pricing Details: TBD
Child / Senior TBD
Age: 6-12 or 65+
Pricing Details: TBD
Children 5 yrs & Under FREE
- There is plenty of parking on site – low fees comparable to other events and no walking from offsite parking needed.
- For more information on parking please visit the venue’s parking-specific web page.
Schedule of Events:
- The tentative performance schedule has been posted under the “Schedule” tab. As changes are made, the schedule will be updated, and all coaches will receive an email notifying that the schedule has been updated.
- Although all Canadian Cheer events are known for being run precisely on-time, unforeseen circumstances sometimes cause times to shift slightly. We will always attempt to ensure that this does not affect any teams negatively.
- Please pay attention when awards ceremonies are scheduled.
- Your athletes’ awards ceremonies are typically scheduled after the athletes’ session has finished.
Food & Concessions:
- Snacks and lunch bar concession provided by the Event Center.
- ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS WILL BE ALLOWED IN. This is a venue rule, not Canadian Cheer.
- We kindly request that ALL Coaches, and athletes do not enter the practice area until their report time.
- Athletes will need wristbands from their coaches to gain access to the venue. Please arrange to meet your athletes in the LOBBY to distribute wristbands.
- Spectators will be able to purchase tickets at the event.
- Coaches of young teams are kindly asked to arrange meeting times with parents for before AND after their performance. Please ensure that parents are clearly aware of where to pick up their child after the performance.
- Reminder, parents are not permitted in the Practice Gym.
- There will be no officially scheduled Coaches Meeting.
- Should you have any questions please report to the Registration Desk who will be able to contact the convenor, Judge’s coordinator or event manager.
- Please be sure to turn in all Coaches Code of Conduct, waivers, and athlete’s Date of Birth.
- Participants without these forms/info turned in will not be permitted to enter the warm-up facility or performance floor.
- The judging process will assess the difficulty, execution of choreography and overall effectiveness of each routine using our standardized judging form.
- There will be a point deduction and legalities judge who will be responsible for assessing falls and illegal elements.
- Deductions for bobbles will be deducted per judge from the overall impression score.
- Please be aware of the Score Check policy.
- Each program will receive a link to a google drive folder where their Score Sheets will be digitally uploaded.
- Score sheets will be available after the division awards ceremonies.
- There will be a dedicated warm-up area at the venue for athletes prior to their competition time. The practice gym will be equipped with a 9-mat practice floor, warm-up mats & 60’ sprung tumble strip.
All other events (Championship & Premier):
- There will be a dedicated warm-up area at the venue for athletes prior to their competition time. The practice gym will be equipped with full sprung floors, warm-up mats & 60’ sprung tumble strip.
- There will be sports therapists as well as emergency response personnel available for the day to ensure that athletes and spectators can be well cared for if necessary.
- The therapists will have supplies for their use only and will not be supplying them freely.
- The role of these people is to deal with injuries, not to tape wrists and ankles.
- Kindly plan to bring your own athletic tape.
- Canadian Cheer will not be providing spotters for the event.
- If coaches feel they should provide their own spotters for the team, please contact Canadian Cheer prior to the event.
- No deductions will be made for teams providing their own spotters provided these spotters do not provide hands-on assistance, visual or verbal cueing.
- All music must be in CD or Mp3 format. NOTE: Do not use CD-RW!
- If using the Mp3 option, please ensure that the track is on its own playlist.
- It is highly recommended that each team have a back-up copy of the routine CD at the music table in the event that there is a problem with the primary CD or Mp3.
- It is the responsibility of each team to ensure that their music is error free and plays on the music system.
- Once the team is positioned at the “in the hole” waiting area, event staff will escort the coach to the music station.
- All teams will enter the floor from a tunnel located back of stage right of the performance floor.
- In order to keep the competition on schedule, teams must immediately take the floor once announced.
- Inspirational words or cheers should be done prior to being announced.
- There will be event staff in position to give teams notice of the amount of time remaining.
- Following the performance, teams will be directed to exit the floor back stage left and directed through to the video replay area.
- There will be a variety of clothing items available for purchase at the PRO Cheer booth.
- Please be sure to come to the stores to see what’s available.
- IF Event shirts were available for pre-order, you can pick them up at the PRO Cheer booth.