Scoring & Divisions
2022/23 Statement on U16 Division
U16 Divisions at 2022/23 Canadian Cheer Events:
- Events will follow the divisions offered by their PTSO/Cheer Canada in the jurisdiction where the event is located.
- IE Quebec events will offer the modified division as outlined by the FCQ
- IE CheerFest BC will follow the divisions as outlined by the BC Sport Cheer/Cheer Canada
- IE Ontario events (with the exception of Nationals) will follow the OCF directive relating to the U16 division – as listed on the Cheer Canada age grid.
- EXCEPTION: Big East Blast/Big East Showdown will offer the FCQ modified division due to the cancellation of Montreal Mayhem.
- Canadian Cheer National Championship
- Will offer the FCQ modified division for this event only
- Teams from anywhere in the country may enter this division if they meet the requirements as outlined by the FCQ.
- It will be the coaches/team administrators responsibility to determine if their team meets the requirements of this modified division.
Crossovers: Crossovers are permitted according to the PTSO and Cheer Canada guidelines. Additionally, teams attempting to qualify or compete at Canadian Finals may only use athletes that compete a maximum of one level up or down from the team entered in Canadian Finals.
Athletes on mulitple teams may not compete against themselves. Teams with athletes on multiple teams within the same division may be disqualified.
2022-23 Division List
2020-2021 Specialty Availability
|Fall Classic 2020||All Divisions Available|
|Cheer for the Cure 2020||All Divisions Available|
|Faceoff Qualifier 1||Specialty Divisions Not Available|
|Faceoff Qualifier 2||Specialty Divisions Not Available|
|Big East Blast 2021||All Divisions Available|
|Quebec Championships 2021||All Divisions Available|
|Ontario Championships 2021||All Divisions Available|
|CheerFest 2021||All Divisions Available|
|National Championships 2021||Specialty Divisions Not Available|