Scoring & Divisions
All Star Prep / Tiny Novice Division
All Star Prep Scoring
FAQ : CLARIFICATION RECREATION/NOVICE DIVISIONS
- In Canada, Novice divisions are classified as Recreational divisions and will be referred to as Recreation on the Division List.
- All recreation divisions have a routine length of 1:30.
- Recreation divisions are allowed to be offered at multi-day event, however, recreational teams will compete only once.
- Recreation divisions will not be competing against each other and will be rated Outstanding, Excellent and Superior.
- Mini, Youth, Junior and Senior recreation divisions follow the level 1 rules.
- Tiny Recreation are not allowed building skills. Tiny Recreation are only allowed to do forward rolls and cartwheels, however, they are not evaluated on them as a tumbling skill if performed (will be included as part of routine composition)
- Recreation divisions are evaluated on technique, dance, performance and routine composition. They are not evaluated on difficulty and therefore, there are no rubrics for difficulty.
- Recreation divisions must perform a basic (spread eagle, tuck jump) or advanced jump (pike, hurdler (left, right, front or side), toe touch). There is no requirement for variety or connected jumps.